Trustworthy Medical Websites: 10 Places to Find Reliable Medical Information
We carefully vetted this list of ten consumer-friendly websites. Use them to find science-backed answers to your health questions.
It’s easy to find medical information online, but it can be difficult to separate the truth from misinformation. This is especially true with Covid-19 and its variants. Better Health Advisors carefully vetted these 10 consumer-friendly websites which provide reliable, accurate health information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Updates on recent disease outbreaks, health news, and guidelines for healthy living and emergency preparedness
- American Diabetes Association: Tips and advice for managing diabetes and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- American Heart Association: Resources related to heart health, heart attack and stroke symptoms, and managing a heart condition
- FamilyDoctor: Advice on staying healthy and family health, as well as navigating the healthcare system and managing the healthcare experience (handling insurance bills, booking appointments, keeping the right documents, etc.)
- Harvard Health: Articles and information on common health conditions, diagnostic tests, and medical procedures
- Health Grades: Platform for finding a doctor and reading about patient experiences with doctors, hospital quality, and patient satisfaction
- Mayo Clinic: Encyclopedia of diseases and conditions, symptoms, medical tests and procedures, drugs and supplements, healthy living, and patient care
- MD Anderson: Descriptions of cancer types, cancer treatments, and clinical trials
- National Institutes of Health: Disease information, a health services locator, wellness toolkits, science education resources, and NIH-sponsored clinical trials
- RxList: Straightforward descriptions of drugs and the conditions they treat, drug interactions, supplements, and a pill identifier tool
If you or someone you love is coping with a new diagnosis, struggling with a chronic health condition, or needs support maintaining their good health, reach out to an expert health advisor.