Top Health Websites
We carefully vetted these 10 consumer-friendly websites which provide reliable information, whether you want an update on the Coronavirus or you are looking for information on heart disease.
It is easy to find medical information online, but it can be difficult to sort out the truth from misinformation. This is especially true with the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus. We carefully vetted these 10 consumer-friendly websites which provide reliable health information, whether you want an update on the Coronavirus or you are looking for information on heart disease.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Disease outbreaks, news, and guidelines for disease prevention and injury treatment
- RxList: Straightforward descriptions of drugs and the conditions they treat, drug interactions, pill identifier tool, supplements, and new drugs
- American Diabetes Association: Tips and advice for managing diabetes, food and nutrition, fitness, and diabetes lifestyle
- American Heart Association: Positive heart health, heart disease signs and symptoms, and lifestyle tips for maintaining a healthy heart or managing a heart condition
- MDAnderson: Descriptions of cancer types, cancer treatments, and clinical trials
- Mayo Clinic: Encyclopedia of diseases and conditions, symptoms, medical tests and procedures, drugs and supplements, healthy lifestyle, and patient care
- National Institutes of Health: Disease information, health services locator, wellness toolkits, science education resources, NIH sponsored clinical trials
- FamilyDoctor: Advice on how to navigate the healthcare system and manage the healthcare experience (handling insurance bills, booking appointments, keeping the right documents, etc.)
- Berkeley Wellness: Evidence-based wellness information for the body and mind
- Health Grades: Platform for finding a doctor and reading about patient experiences with doctors, hospital quality, and patient satisfaction
For more information, contact Better Health Advisors.